I'm excited to share a number of improvements to Newsletter we've recently launched, as well as several new features and changes we have planned.
- Instant preview. From your scoring portal, you can view a real-time preview of your Newsletter issue. Now you can view the results of scoring and HTML changes before approving your issue.
- Geo exclusions. You can now exclude recipients based on the country of their IP registration address. We've also included the European Union as a preset region, as well as special handling for recipients from unknown country locations. You can read more in this Help Center article.
- Opt-out management. We've added a tool for our customers to explicitly manage how Newsletter interacts with the forum's user opt-out setting. (In vBulletin, this is, "Receive email from Administrators," and in XenForo, this is, "Receive site mailings.") This lets forum admins who collect consent via other channels use Threadloom Newsletter's targeting settings with greater control. You can read more in this Help Center article.
- GDPR-friendly defaults. Starting today, we will be updating the geo exclusion feature to exclude recipients from the European Union (EU) and unknown countries by default. We will email all active Newsletter customers about this change, and customers will be able to override this setting.
- Auto-sunsetting. When this features launches, we will automatically sunset (pause sending Newsletter issues to) recipients who have not engaged with an email newsletter within the past n issues. This will reduce spam and bounce rates and improve deliverability and engagement. And since Threadloom Newsletter's pricing is based on the number of contacts emailed, we expect that most customers will pay less for more clicks.
- List Builder. I'm pleased to report that development of List Builder is going well. It's been designed from the ground up to be fully GDPR-compliant. The product is in testing and I plan to provide a more detailed update early next month.
Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback on the features above, and for supporting Threadloom and our mission. If you have any questions or comments, please drop us a line.